Saturday, May 9, 2020

SONGBIRD by SAMANTHA NOMASWAZI

SAMANTHA NOMASWAZI NUNU

Songbird!

Beautiful hymns, you sing
Deep into my soul,
Your sonorous voice
Melts away all the ice
In my heart!

Perched on the highest branch
Of a mulberry tree
Feeding my soul
With your tasty, juicy
Reddish purple fruits
Of your sonorous voice!

Their red juice,
The colour of love
Dancing through my system
Right to my heart
In unison they beat as one!

Their purple-ish skin,
Dressing my love struck heart,
With the colour of royalty!
Coats of many colours I wear,
To the pride of my heart!

Hummingbird I call you
Or martin,
As your voice
Hums its music to my soul!

Samantha Nomaswazi, ©2020


No comments:

Post a Comment

SONGBIRD by SAMANTHA NOMASWAZI

SAMANTHA NOMASWAZI NUNU S ongbird! B eautiful hymns, you sing Deep into my soul, Your sonorous voice Melts away all the ice ...