Friday, March 13, 2020

#up-poetry101: I WILL RISE AGAIN with Nothando Nxumalo



I WILL RISE AGAIN

He looked at me,
 with eyes piercing of great anger and hatred as he pointed saying ,
‘iwe wuyapano’ (You come here).

I was scared and terrified as fear shivered down my spine,
I could feel the walls of my strength caving in on me as I leaned towards the wall.
He hauled me down the floor,
before slapping me twice on my face.
I swallowed the pain as my mind battled with questions that had no answers.

But why? why,?
why ?hurt me so much when I’m just a young woman;
 fighting for her freedom and inner peace?
He kicked at me mercilessly
 as if he was just thrusting some ball.
My voice was gone, I couldn’t speak!
but my eyes said it all with tears pursuing each other down my cheeks.

Little did he know that my silence does not mean weakness.
I may be young but not naïve,
I may be weak in physical strength but I’m very strong emotional and mental.
I may be a woman but exercising restraint does not mean I cannot defend myself.
I may be bruised and wounded today but I will rise again.
Darkness shall pave way for light, night for day and weakness for strength.

My scars shall I wear with pride
as they will forever tell of these bitter experiences.
All these years have kept my voice under wrap for fear of judgment
but will no longer I be afraid .
For the time has arrived were my voice is better heard than my silence.

I will battle for my freedom and peace.
I will not drown in fear.
I may be defeated today but my today will never define my destination.
You could have defeated me because I’m unarmed and young.
I’m just a woman, but that did not stop you from strangling me.
Tomorrow will be mine and I will arise again.

Check out the audio... LIKE - SHARE - SUBSCRIBE



No comments:

Post a Comment

SONGBIRD by SAMANTHA NOMASWAZI

SAMANTHA NOMASWAZI NUNU S ongbird! B eautiful hymns, you sing Deep into my soul, Your sonorous voice Melts away all the ice ...